The LCBP group meets monthly at the University of Leicester Botanic Gardens in Oadby, Leicester
As with all courses we are waiting to see how the COVID-19 situation resolves. We will publish workshop dates here as soon as we are aware of any change.
Spring 2020 workshops
- Saturday 11 January: Calligraphy – signing and dating your painting (resource links included)
- Saturday 08 February: Fish – Coloured carp for new year (blog post)
- Saturday 07 March: Animals – Hares (blog post)
- Saturday 04 April: Landscape (CANCELLED due to COVID-19)
Our tutors, Paul Maslowski and Claire Seaton cater for experienced painters right through to complete beginners. Our friendly group of like minded people meet in a relaxed environment to expand our knowledge of CBP.
Our sessions run from 09:45am – 4pm with most people arriving about 9.15am to set up and start the day with some gentle qigong exercises.
The group has been running now for over 17 years and was founded by Judith Watson and Di Morte as the ‘Leicestershire Traditional Chinese Brush Painters’. For 2020 we removed the ‘Traditional’ from our name to recognise the fact that we now look at all Chinese Art whether Traditional, Contemporary or Modern.
Autumn 2019 workshops
- Saturday 7th December: Animals – Camels not kings!
- Saturday 7th November: Flowers – Poppies
- Saturday 12th October: Figures – Goddesses & Demons…
- Saturday 7th September: Rats & Rodents – the next Chinese New Year zodiac animal (blog post).
This last ensured we were ready to send our own Chinese New Year cards or paintings in 2020! To see how it went take a look at our Rats in the garden Blog post…
Want a workshop with us?