Winter/Spring 2023 workshops
We have a different venue in the University of Leicester Botanic Gardens and, therefore, a slightly reduced capacity. The workshop dates below are now available for booking. Priority will be given to those who have booked and paid in advance.
- Saturday 21 January: Plum Blossom in the moon (Chinese New Year)
- Saturday 11 February: Birds – Red Cranes
- Saturday 18 March: Subject tbc
Autumn 2022 workshops
- Saturday 01 October: Mid-Autumn (Moon) Festival
- Saturday 12 November: Animals – Rabbits/Hares
- Saturday 03 December: Birds – Three French Hens
Summer 2022 workshops
- Saturday 07 May: Blossom in the Botanic Gardens
- Saturday 11 June: Large-leaved plants in the Botanic Gardens i.e. Gunnera, Lotus etc…
- Saturday 09 July: Tigers with Claire
Winter/Spring 2022 workshops
- Saturday 08 January: (CANCELLED due to COVID-19)
- Saturday 05 February: Chinese Dragons
- Saturday 12 March: Bird principles
- Saturday 09 April: Spring Landscape
Autumn 2021 workshops
- Saturday 13 November: Autumn Trees
- Saturday 11 December: Trees and Water
Winter/Spring 2020 workshops
- Saturday 11 January: Calligraphy – signing and dating your painting (resource links included)
- Saturday 08 February: Fish – Coloured carp for new year (blog post)
- Saturday 07 March: Animals – Hares (blog post)
- Saturday 04 April: Landscape (CANCELLED due to COVID-19)
Autumn 2019 workshops
- Saturday 7th December: Animals – Camels not kings!
- Saturday 7th November: Flowers – Poppies
- Saturday 12th October: Figures – Goddesses & Demons…
- Saturday 7th September: Rats & Rodents – the next Chinese New Year zodiac animal (blog post).
This last ensured we were ready to send our own Chinese New Year cards or paintings in 2020! To see how it went take a look at our Rats in the garden Blog post…
Summer 2019 workshops
- Saturday 11 May: Birds – Weavers
- Saturday 08 June: Blue Green Landscape 1
- Saturday 13 July: Blue Green Landscape 2
Winter/Spring 2019 workshops
- Saturday 12 January: Animals – Deer
- Saturday 09 February: Goldfish
- Saturday 09 March: Birds – Cormorants
- Saturday 13 April: Butterflies with Grape Hyacinth
Our sessions run from 09:45am – 4pm with most people arriving about 9.15am to set up and start the day with some gentle qigong exercises.
The group has been running now for over 17 years and was founded by Judith Watson and Di Morte as the ‘Leicestershire Traditional Chinese Brush Painters’. For 2020 we removed the ‘Traditional’ from our name to recognise the fact that we now look at all Chinese Art whether Traditional, Contemporary or Modern.
Our tutors, Paul Maslowski and Claire Seaton cater for experienced painters right through to complete beginners. Our friendly group of like minded people meet in a relaxed environment to expand our knowledge of Chinese Brush Painting.
Contact Information & Data Protection
Contact information that is recorded following contact, is required by the LCBP Organisers to inform LCBP members of meetings, send out notices etc.
This data will only be used for the efficient running of LCBP and will not be shared with any person or agency outside LCBP.
See here to read our LCBP group Data Protection Policy.
Want a workshop with us?